Tuesday 5 October 2010

I'm back... with cheezy kale chips!


Kale chips coming out of the dehydrator

Hello! Well I haven't updated this blog in a while for a few reasons. Been debating whether or not to go into it all here, but I've decided not to bore you too much for now! One reason was because of being in a play- rehearsing evenings and weekends as well as doing the day job didn't leave me with much time to make anything exciting. And some other stuff going on. But that's all over now and I am back on track! Last night I made Cheddar Kale chips from Ani's Raw Food Essentials: Recipes and Techniques for Mastering the Art of Live Food. I LOVE kale chips, they're so addictive. I have just eaten the whole lot this morning, an entire bunch of organic curly kale! They had red pepper, cashew nuts, olive oil, agave and water in... I think that's it. Hmmm, maybe something else too but I can't remember what... I'll check later.


Ani Phyo's cheddar-kale chips

They were good, but I have to say, my favourite kale chips recipe is one I made from the Renegade Health Show a while ago. They were so tasty, just thinking about them makes me want them again. So I'm going to buy more kale later and maybe do those tonight or tomorrow. Check out the link above and give them a go, there's a video too. They're less sweet than Ani's ones- that's what I liked least about her's- they have agave in which made them sweeter than I'd like. I like it savoury! Anyway, just a quick post to let you know I'm still here, I haven't forgotten about this blog! I'm fully back into creating raw food recipes now and will be making a lot more and putting them up here soon.

The next thing I really want to make is a raw version of scones with jam and clotted cream from Ani Phyo's book. Sounds amazing right?! Can't wait to see how they turn out. So bye for now, but I promise to be back soon with more raw food dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment