Saturday 21 August 2010

Double chocolate cookies (my own recipe!)

This afternoon I fancied something sweet and chocolatey so thought I'd have a go at making something- I didn't know it was going to be cookies when I started, but the texture of the mixture when I'd finished adding everything seemed to lend itself to making cookies, so that's what they became! I have to say, they are very good, if I say so myself. I don't know the exact recipe as I was kind of adding bits and bobs without measuring them, but if anyone is interested, let me know and I could hazard my best guess. I ground some almonds and pecans in the grinder, then put them in the food processor with raw cacao nibs, cacao powder, medjool dates, coconut oil, goji berries,natural vanilla extract, agave nectar and a little bit of cinnamon and cayenne. I think that was everything. To be honest, you couldn't taste the spices in it at all, so next time I would add more or just not bother with them! I formed the mixture into little balls, flattened them into cookie shapes, then put them in the freezer to set for a few minutes. Now they're in the fridge. Well, most of them are, I've already eaten 5! I was going to make Russell James' Wilted Kale Salad with creamy chipotle dressing for my dinner but I'm not hungry after all those cookies, so the salad will have to wait til tomorrow. It is a great salad though, I love it, so I'll make it for my lunch and put a pic up tomorrow.

For breakfast I got juicing again, and made a really lovely one with oranges, carrot, celery and ginger. It was packed with flavour and really fresh tasting, a great start to the day. Then for lunch I had a gorgeous salad with that liquid gold elixir salad dressing that Sherry told me about from The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss
In the salad I put mixed organic leaves, plum tomato, cucumber, corn, celery, orange pepper, enoki mushrooms (my new favourite thing!), with some chopped hot chili for added bite and all tossed in that dressing. Yum!!! This pic is from before I added the dressing so you can't really see all the ingredients, but I scoffed it all so fast after I put it on the plate there was no time to take a picture!

I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about that kale salad, and maybe a raw soup too.

No comments:

Post a Comment