Monday 16 August 2010

Wasabi peas need a rethink...

Ewww just a quick one to say my made-up recipe for raw wasabi peas did not work! The peas just shrunk up real tiny, went chewy and the wasabi coating lost all of it's flavour. Gutted cos it was really hot and spicy before I put them in the dehydrator. It fell off the peas and tasted of sawdust. Hmmm. That recipe needs a serious re-write!
However, on a good note, my green smoothie this morning was the best ever... delicious, and packed with superfoods. It was banana, strawberries, goji berries, rainbow chard, bee pollen, camu camu, green powder and a bit of water. I think it's the nicest smoothie I've ever made. I'm taking the MSM separately now as it really is revolting, it tastes like cheap speed, so drinking it dissolved in a bit of water on its own instead of letting it ruin my smoothie.
And that dill cheeze is WAY better today than it was yesterday, must have needed a bit of time for the flavours to take. Had some for my lunch as well as chili burgers, mixed salad and flax crackers. Also had some apple pie mid morning, mmmmm.
Was going to make chili tonight but STILL not managed it... will do tomorrow I swear. I ended up scoffing all the remaining chili burgers tonight. I can't tell you quite how delicious they are. Even if you're not a raw foodie, give them a go, you won't be disappointed. Will write properly tomorrow. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment